Day 61: March 2nd

THE DAY
Today was the day I've been waiting for.  I didn't know on which date it would land or even if I would be home to see it, but this was for sure THE DAY.  The first sign was the crocus, appearing out of nowhere.  Who knows when they actually pushed through the dirt and started growing purple petals?  Was it last night while we slept?  Who knows?  I just know they weren't there a day or two ago and then wham!  Here they are!  On this day, the sun was right and the breeze was light.  The temperature warmed up to where we could sit on the porch in only light jackets.  There were robins on the lawn.  Of course there were robins!  What did you expect on THE DAY!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it is the DAY. How awesome. I'm so glad you got to enjoy it. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so look forward to the crocus emerging in the flower beds every spring and I saw a small field full of robins a few days ago, so what you have written is near and dear to me. :-)

    ReplyDelete