Day 79: March 20th

Rock Star

Had a nice hike at Lake Towhee today.  Two weeks ago, most of this lake was covered in ice.  Even if it snows now, we have still turned that corner from being in the middle of a nasty winter to being in the throws of early spring.

On a sad note, one of the horses at the farm died this week.  Sunshine was a big beautiful 4-year old filly.  She was the last baby born on the farm and she was the sweetest thing.  I started photographing her when she was just three days old.  She was my favorite of all the babies born there.  Unfortunately, she developed a habit of kicking her stall and on Wednesday night she kicked the wall and broke her leg.  The vet said there was nothing that could be done for her and they put her to sleep that night.  It was so sudden, shocking, and utterly sad.  I understand that there is suffering in the world, but now me and God need to have a talk about why this particular dose of suffering was really necessary.  I just don't understand.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about this very sad loss. 4 years old is so young. Please tell everyone at the farm that I have you and them in my thoughts. Sadness is sadness no matter where it comes from and losing a friend is one of the greatest of all sadness. My sympathies to all.

    ReplyDelete