Day 117: April 27th


Today is the day to take stock of our progress so far in 2011.  The image on the left was taken on January 12th.  Now look at the one on the right and smile!  Same tree, same yard, same Anna...just a little more life in all three. It is hard to believe that for two solid months I could not walk in the yard.  This was due to more than just my knee surgery.  Beneath the snow was a substrate of ice.  For two solid months...did I mention that??? TWO SOLID MONTHS!


Remember this picture? This was taken on day 80 of this year, March 21st.  The snow on that day was almost too much to bear.  In fact, I've written so much on my discontent with the weather that you would think there was nothing else going on in my world.  In fact, I had started a new job and was taking a Clinical Trial Management course (I got an A-, thereby destroying my perfect 4.0 grade point average).
Fast forward to today.  Here is a vertical view from that same window, only now the sun is really shining and the grass is free to wave its hands in the air.  I hope there are spring days like this in Heaven!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it was a rough winter. While we trudge through it and complain and are cold we seem to forget that "this too shall pass". But before it passes let's think of some of the good things that we can only get in winter: The feeling of warm hot chocolate and a cozy blanket, sitting in front of the fireplace.
    The fact that we can't leave the house means we get to spend cozy, quiet time with our loved ones. That is something that kind of goes by the wayside once the weather gets warmer. We all start out running here and there with this project or that one. Baking!!! ha, baking in the winter is such a cozy, homey thing to do. You don't want to bake when it's too hot. Well, you get my point. Don't get me wrong I'm one of the complainers and I'm trying to learn to see the positive side to things. However, as you know, the summer is really the time I hate the most because of the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I forgot to mention how wonderful it is that you captured the essence of winter and spring side by side in these beautiful pictures in the world outside your window.

    ReplyDelete