Day 129: May 9th

Mother's Day, 2011

Well, I have to come clean - Mother's Day was on the 8th, so obviously I did not take this picture on the 9th.  Still, I want to show it here, because there is actually a lot to this picture.  Originally, my plan was to cook a nice lunch for Mom.  I must have thought I was an only child - it must have been a moment of insanity.  Of course, my brothers and sisters would visit Mom too, so I made a pot of barbecued pork for sandwiches.  The rolls you see on the table are from Italian People's Bakery - no other rolls will do!  They made the perfect sandwiches!

For dessert I brought a cherry-covered cheesecake and I also made chocolate covered strawberries.  They were the biggest strawberries I'd ever seen.  Sometimes when they are big, they aren't very sweet.  Much to our delight, these were very sweet and oh so decadent wrapped in chocolate!

Also on the table is a box of salt water taffy from Atlantic City, and a card Mom gave me.  It was such a nice card that I am keeping it forever in my drawer.  The candle in the center of the table is one that Mary gave Mom.  It smelled wonderful and was so pretty!  There is a small boy at the door.  He is barely visible, but that is Luke, my nephew Tony's son.

No comments:

Post a Comment