Day 47: February 16th

There is so much I enjoy about this picture.  Let's start with the hinge on the left that I picked up at an antique store.  Ooohhh, girl, I love me some antique hardware!  I'm not sure if I picked up the creepy doll on the same excursion into the past, but when I want creepy doll parts, there are two stores where I know they will be.  Makes me wonder seriously about the person who stocks them, but like they say, there is someone for everyone and that stockperson is apparently for me.  As long as they keep bringing in the arms, legs, hands and bodies, my art will continue to thrive.

I guess for the sake of whatever, I should explain what I mean by my "art."  Although photography is my primary medium, I also love to work in collage.  Found objects are generally the source of my pieces.  For example, the doll, the hinge, the buttons.  Things that are reminiscent of the past, but which also lend themselves to commentary about the past are my favorite.  Just think about the hinge and what such an object might represent.  What does it add to the piece when you think about the doll?  What if you thought about "unhinged" instead of "hinged?"  Does that change anything?

And that's what I like about this image.

2 comments:

  1. Anna, seriously? The doll? I'm afraid of that creepy doll. What is your obsession with this doll and doll parts? You wonder about the person stocking them in their store, what about the person buying them? LOL all in fun my dear. Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete