Day 52: February 21st

Monday, President's day.  This picture reminds me of something I said to a airline attendant in December.  I was returning to the U.S. from Tokyo.  As everyone was getting settled in their seats, she was going from person to person asking if we'd like a newspaper or magazine.  When she came to me, I said, "No, I think I'll just sit quietly."  After I said it, I had to laugh at myself.  I was happy about the prospect of doing nothing for the next 13 hours.  I didn't even want to read or look at television.  There is a lot to love about Asia, but one thing particularly stands out: the trip is so long that I get a good extended rest.  No one expects anything of you, because you're on an airplane and they really value those of us who "just sit quietly."  I sleep for hours and hours and hours.

1 comment:

  1. I love this picture. There is a lot of spirit here. I'm feeling the peace coming through. Thank you Anna.

    ReplyDelete