Day 35: February 4th

I live near this beautiful little country church.  It has red doors and a white steeple.  It is surrounded by a church yard full of tombstones, some of them dating back to the revolutionary war.  Inside, it has a gorgeous organ and stained glass windows throughout.  A couple of years ago, a woman who worked there was murdered by another church member.  The murderer was an older woman who was jealous of the attention the pastor paid to the younger woman.  She shot her at about 10:45 a.m., went to get her hair done at 11:00 and then tossed her gun into my favorite lake - Lake Nockamixon.  Of course, it was found and of course, the murderer was arrested and convicted.

It's hard to believe that this could happen in my neighborhood.  I hate that it changes what I think about when I pass this sweet little church.  In an attempt not to give into the dark side, I decided to forget about the tragedy for a minute.  This picture was taken behind the church where the tombstones are neatly tucked in under the snow.

2 comments:

  1. Very beautiful take. You have given this little church and the memory of those buried there the reverance they deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great shot. Nice subject and nice composition.

    ReplyDelete