Day 106: April 16th

What the Cat Saw

Lately, I have been thinking of my nephew Brian.  He is stationed in Iraq and even if he wasn't, he is always someone worth thinking about.  He has a hard edge that makes him a soldier's soldier.  He's had a sort of edge since he was a little kid.  I remember once when he was little, he was sort of rubbing it in my face that he had McDonald's food and I didn't.  Of course, he called it "DaDonalz," but I knew what he meant.  He was only about three then.  Now he's a grown man in a war zone.  He's strong and handsome and in my letters to him I urge him to be kind whenever possible.  That's so when he comes home he will be kind to me if he ever again has DaDonalz and I don't :-)

1 comment:

  1. It does my heart good to know that you think of Brian. He's a good boy. I know he's a soldier's soldier but I have seen that heart of his and he is still my little boy. Full of love and a sense of "just do it"

    ReplyDelete