Day 90: March 31st

Farm Road at Night

Looks creepy, I know, but this is a most excellent road at any time of the day or night.  Not much happening on this night, but there are often deer on the road - crossing it or just staring, um, like a deer in the headlights.  Once I came upon two baby fox brothers wrestling in the middle of the road.  They tumbled around until I think one must have said to the other, "Hey, do you feel like you're being watched?"  They sat up abruptly, regarding my big black beast of a car and then ran off into the woods.

Just to prove how truly juvenile I can be - sometimes when I reach the middle of the bridge (which is actually where this picture was taken), I stop the car and turn off the headlights.  It is the only way to really understand the phrase "pitch black."

2 comments:

  1. That is the best. I loved when you did that in West Virginia. Pitch Black is really Pitch black when you do that. It's nice every now and then to really "be in the dark".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna,

    Great site, and I really enjoy your pictures. I'm not sure if you still update this site, or check your messages, but this is the only way to reach. I was wondering if I could have permission to use "Farm Road at Night" (Day 90, March 31) to use as a header for my new blog. I'm a graduate student researching the road in horror narratives, and your picture would really help to set the tone! I can't pay, but I will giver credit where it's due, and provide a link to your site. What do you think? Please contact me at tricityfilm@hotmail.com.

    Thanks!

    David

    ReplyDelete