Day 15: January 15th

If I was far away from home, I would want to come back to this kitchen.  Sure there are other kitchens that are grander, but this is the kitchen where I keep forgetting to wring out the sponge and where the sprayer hose leaks water right down into the cabinet below.  This is the kitchen where thirsty plants seek sustenance and where all bad cups of coffee are made between the occassional good ones.  This is where pulled pork sandwiches are lovingly slow-simmered in beer all night long and where coconut cakes are born with a flourish and a puff of confectioner's sugar.

No doubt - this is the kitchen.  On Day 15 I was grateful to visit the kitchen under my own steam...one unsteady crutch at a time.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful that you appreciate the little things in life. How important that perspective is. You are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete