Day 18: January 18th

View of the driveway from my bedroom window.  That explains the weird waffle pattern on the right of the image - it's the screen.  The cat and I are a bit stir crazy.  The both of us were at the screen trying to breathe in the cold air.  It was apparently a hard crunchy snow.  Branches were covered in ice.  Bummer I couldn't be out there shooting.  The good news is that I was inside - healing from surgery.   The good news is that I have health insurance that allowed me to have surgery.  Furthermore, not only was I fortunate to be able to have the surgery, but on top of that I was able to get pain medication to help deal with the aftermath. 

I wish I was being dramatic, but sorry - this is the case.  In fact, this may be an understatement of  "the case."  Most people in the world do not have the luxury of surgery in a state of the art, clean, well-staffed hospital.  Most people need medications they can't get.  A lot of the world's population doesn't have clean running water.  Try to remember that for your next mammogram or proctology exam.  At the height of your discomfort, think about those who only wish they could have the luxury of a wellness visit.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the thoughtful words Anna. At the rate you are going, this could very well be a book that many people would enjoy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna I am happy that you are able to take pictures through your window. You always take the opportunity in front of you to capture the essence of things. Your words are very inspiring and a friendly reminder to all of us. A gentle gift to be thankful for all the blessings we have.

    ReplyDelete