Day 28: January 28th

Tony Soprano said something to the effect of, "I know life is a gift, but does it have to be a pair of socks?"
This sweet potato was my lunch yesterday.  It looks utterly unspectacular and, like Tony's take on life, speaks to how most of life is mundane and usual and filled with unglamorous necessities.  Of course, this led Tony to wonder if this is all there is.

Well, I'm not Tony.  Haven't killed anyone with my bare hands today.  I get that days can be boring.  I've had a few myself, BUT...then there are sweet potatoes.  Hiding there in the bottom of my vegetable bin waiting to surprise and delight me.  It was wonderful to dig into this warm sweet bolus of yummy.  I treated it with butter and sea salt and a better lunch was never had!  Now if Tony Soprano had sweet potatoes for lunch, maybe he wouldn't have been so predisposed to murder and mayhem!

2 comments: