Day 4: January 4th

I was on the way home from a doctor's appointment when I could no longer resist these clouds.  They were sitting there in my windshield just waiting for me to pull off the road.  I did.  I rolled the window down and snapped this with my cell phone.  There is a lot I like about this image, but overall it is the layers of terrain and sky that makes me love this - and I do love this one.  The first layer is left-over snow at the bottom of the image.  Second is the brown field.  Third is the bristle of darker brown trees, like a bad haircut.  Fourth is the uninterrupted band of blue sky just before the clouds start to form the fifth and final layer.  It's as delicious to me as a layer cake with vanilla frosting!

1 comment:

  1. Before the cake is dropped? Sorry, I couldn't resist. :-)
    Bad haircut... now that's funny.

    ReplyDelete